Thursday, April 22, 2010

What a difference..

I've always had this not-so-secret fascination with makeover shows. Homes, wardrobes, people- Just a difference in fabric, posture, lighting, a slightly different tint of blush or yellow on a wall or face, and there's the fairy-tale transformation of the ugly duckling to the swan. According to the people on these shows, the right dress can make all the difference in finding the perfect job, true love, self-confidence, and anything else you might be looking for.

He first caught my eye at the copier machine in the office yesterday- Blond, bespectacled, and incredibly cute. He caught my eye, but fairly sure he'd pay no attention to me, I gave him a polite half-smile and turned away to wage my daily battle with the monster machine that refuses to yield my printouts without several slams and kicks (Yes, this is why I work out.) When I turned around again, he was still there, staring at me, gape-jawed and fascinated. Wow. Him, looking at me? Who would've thought? I'm pretty sure he doesn't talk to strange nerdy girls.
But a tentative, smiling 'Hi' later, he walked across the room to me.

"Hi, are you a real doctor? Can I have one of those?" (pointing to the surgical glove dangling from my pocket).
Apparently my white lab coat and the right accessories (blue glove, anyone?) can transform me from a stranger that one never talks to, to an object of absolute fascination to a six year old.

3 comments:

Neeraja said...

Haha! What do you recommend I walk around with? ;)

Leena said...

lol i am fascinated with those makeover shows too! And to think, all you needed was a blue glove ;)

Kiran said...

haha for a minute i was feeling soo bad for A ;-)