Monday, August 29, 2011
Imagine this.
A pop personality quiz a friend shared with me several years ago. I was surprised by how accurate it was (and still is). Relax, and visualize the scenarios that follow as fully as possible. Don't put too much thought into it- just your instinctive, first response answers. I'll post the explanations in a few days. Of course, feel free to share your responses in the comments, though you don't have to :)
You're setting off for a walk in the woods. Who are you walking with?
As you walk, an animal leaps out of the bushes at you. What animal is it?
How do you react to it?
You continue along your walk and come to a clearing in the woods, where you see your dream house. Does it have a fence around it?
On a scale of 1-10 (5 being average), going from small to large, how big is your house?
You walk into the dining room of the house. Describe the room.
You wander out into the backyard, and find a cup-like vessel lying there. What is it made of?
What do you do with the cup?
Continuing on, you reach the end of your property, where there is a water body. What kind of water body is it (pond/stream/ocean) ?
If you had to, how would you cross this water body?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
OMG this is very exciting, first answer is what's below. I was surprised at some of the stuff i pictured made no sense but guess we'll hear what that means.
1. Alone (i was cooly walking along watching the leaves shimmer in sunlight and enjoying nature)
2. Leopard (so weird, why not lion or tiger. Why not monkey)
3. I was taken by surprise (not fear, did put my hands in front of my face or body, didn't run- am I crazy or what? Do I have to act like a retard when my life is in question :))
4. No fence
5. Medium sized, not too big. Maybe 3-4 rooms
6. Large wooden table (6-8 people), chairs, clean, hutch on the side with glassware, cutlery in drawers. Nothing on the table.
7. It's a cup
8. I wonder who got this here, I take it inside the house. Clean it and set it aside.
9. Large lake just like lake washington
10. Don't know. Didn't think I would need to cross. But if I have to, guess there will be some boat that'll come to pick me up.
How did I do? What does it mean? Tell no, tell fast.
I am walking with my brother.
Rabbit.
I am at first shocked but then I just stand around observing it for a while.
No fence.
6.
It is a compact room. The entrance is from the living room through an arch. There are two large windows on two walls with a view of the woods. The 4th wall has a black and white picture of a temple and the walls are painted off white. There is a table in the center, it is round and has a glass top. There are 6 wooden chairs around the table. On the table there is an orchid in the center and an empty glass and a jug of water.
Steel.
I would first kick it with my feet and if nothing alive comes out of it I would pick it and wonder how it got here.
Pond.
I'd swim or wade through it.
I stopped by earlier but was lazy to comment then, but here's what I thought-
1. With my son
2. Monkey
3. I get all excited and show my son the monkey
4. I wasn't sure if my initial visualization had a fence, but I am inclined towards saying there wasn't one.
5. Not too small, not too big.
6. Sparkling granite counter, and then on a table there's a little vase with very beautiful flowers, lots of light coming in. Also a few fruits on the table.
7. Paper cup, filled with rain water or something.
8. Wash it and then use it to drink water/give my son some water.
9. Stream/lake - not sure
10. Somehow I immediately imagine a steam at this point, though I was more tending towards a lake earlier and it was shallow enough right where the house was, so I could even see rocks and pebbles underneath, so I wade through the water with pants folded up, with my son.
Actually there's an inherent biasing just some statements/questions introduce. For e.g., "Whom are you walking with?" immediately made me assume that I had to be walking with someone... Otherwise not sure, may be I'd have assumed that I was walking alone, since the question just says "imagine that YOU are taking a walk..." so either way there's some biasing that's introduced... :)
Shared quiz with a friend (hehe, its interesting not to and got following answers, again interesting not to share answers)
1. Walking with my brother
2. Elephant
3. pet it, become friends with it,
domesticate it, take it to work
4. No fence
5. 10
6. it has table
where i can dine
in the dining room
solid cherry wood
6 chairs
hardwoord floor
butler
taco bell sauce packets
7. plastic
8. discard it, it would be dirty
9. Pond
10. Swim
Haha, remember this one - although I don't remember some of my initial answers...I am sure you would! ;). Surprising that a few answers have changed in these 3 years :).
I have to agree that questions 2 and 3 provide insightful answers, especially after reading these other responses :)
Thank you for sharing, all of you! :) I must say, I would've been more wary of sharing my answers unless I knew what it was all about ;).
Sumi, there is definitely some bias introduced! Though with the first question, I've had a LOT of people say "alone" (including myself :)), even with the question the way it is. I had a similar issue with the cup-like object. The person who gave me this said 'cup', and that made me think of a typical cup, rather than a CLO, which could be a tin mug, a wooden pail, or anything else. And despite that, I still picked a metal object- go figure :).
Nee, no, my memory isn't THAT good, especially since we did it in a group then- So (some of) your secrets are safe ;). Yes, some of them are more insightful than others- I think it also depends on the extent to which you want to interpret results.
yup! and then me... I envisoined a steel bowl, initially but realized it had to be a "cup" and immediately the mental picture changed into a paper cup, for whatever reason!
so as for u, u have a solid relationship with yourself...! :-)
Haha, exactly! I'd go with the steel bowl ;). In the same sense- I initially answered alone, and then realized that I was visualizing a person, but could not put a name or a face to the figure, and hence the 'alone' response. So yes, it can be contradictory- but yes, I do have a strong relationship with myself. And occasionally with phantom figures in the woods ;)
Post a Comment