List # 2.
There are plenty of messages we throw out in time-capsule bottles, along the lines of "Things I wish I knew when I was younger". Now, I realize there are things I knew back then which made me a lot happier than some of the things I do now.
1. Sensitivity comes from moving out of oneself. Not by wallowing in self-pity or self-analysis.
2. It is okay to have and voice an opinion. There are only so many shades of grey. At the ends of the spectrum, call the colors black and white. Just like you see them.
3. Conflict keeps life on its toes. A good fight is an enriching experience.
1 comment:
nic list ! I especially agree with the first, and think self-pity is one of the biggest time wasters around. I think spending that time instead to cheer up someone else will make us too feel better !
Post a Comment