When asked for an opinion, you wrap it up in words like these- Might be, perhaps, "to them it's the right thing, and who am I to judge?"
Perhaps you are right, and I might be wrong, in forming opinions in complete sentences. To them it may be the right thing to do, but I am asking about you. Who aren't you, that you would deny yourself the right to an opinion, a thought, conviction in your own beliefs? In this limited space-time, why not frame your personality in words that express your self with conviction, your views punctuated clearly in the light of your own reasoning?
It is a contradiction to think that one of my firmest beliefs is in being individualistic- to 'let' others do what they want without forcing them to change, give people the space and time they need for self-realization. But I have this need to evaluate, weigh the actions of one against the other and in the difference frame another facet of my understanding. After the balancing, they may step off my mental scales and go back to being themselves, but I seem unable to let go off this process. You, on the other hand, have no problems with never considering, never balancing and accepting unconditionally. They are what they are, and I am what I am. Why must we weigh and measure that as greater or this as lesser?
I find myself in the tilt of those scales, in the balancing act that helps me decide how to live my life as myself. And I ask you now- where do you find yourself, in this unconditional sea of unthinking acceptance? How, in the million ways of living a life and being happy, do you decide which one you want?
1 comment:
I have given this a lot of thought... I don't know if i understand you correctly when you say that it is a contradiction to be judgmental when you believe in being individualistic...
I just feel that while we are all judgmental to some extent or the other, what we do after the scaling is what matters... Do we let people be because we accept them for what they are or do we try and put a price on that ? Do we rank people or do we just figure where we want to be ? I am judgmental in some sense too but my scales are defined by me... I weigh the other person with myself and don't label them as bigger or smaller... we are just different kinds of people, there are no vertical gradations or levels, just horizontal types...
Every individual is different and I judge or rather evaluate to figure out who i want to let in my life...
Post a Comment