There's a popular question that goes, "If you could give your teenage self one piece of advice,based on what you have learned since then, what would it be?"
Too much of my time of late has been spent in impatience, anger at the slowness of medical reports, the inefficiency of research, and so much else. When this typically gets expressed in a rant to Mom, I'm reminded to be patient, not push people too much, and so on. I never quite got why- WHY couldn't people just get the damn job done ??
A friend shared this song today, and I couldn't have asked for a better explanation, I think.. And thus, a piece of advice to the present me -
Dheere jalna, dheere jalna
Zindagi ki lau pe jalna
Kaanch ka sapna gal hi na jaye
Soch samajh ke aanch rakhna
Dheere jalna..
(Gulzar, from Paheli)
4 comments:
I guess our pace is what keeps us from even experiencing what we are creating, working on, surrounding. In a way we just seem to be looking ahead always and not around us. A similar thought was shared by my Ma, you might enjoy this one too :)
I so very well need such an advice too...
now only if i could actually do that ;-)
Perception, thanks, that was good -Am keeping an eye out for that churan, am sure it'll work wonders!;)
N and K, thats why I put it up here.. if we could manage it, we'd probably not have so much to rant about,no?
Post a Comment